Responding to or initiating a chat with a visitor
This section describes basics of how to chat with visitors to your website.
Answering a chat
To start chatting with a visitor, click the Requests menu in the left menu of the dashboard.
Select a request, click on the Join To Chat button and then click on the Open the Chat button and start chatting with the user.
The right sidebar shows the essential information about the selected request.
After joining the chat you can provide customer support with the web chat client. You can chat with the customer, add images and files and view customer info on the left sidebar.
To close the requests use the “X” button in the right sidebar.
With the left sidebar menu you can:
- Start a new chat with a simple search field.
- View the history of closed conversations.
- Access your profile.
Reassign a chat
To transfer a chat to an agent
- Select Reassign request from the requests details window’s Actions drop-down menu.
- Select an agent from the window.
- Click Reassign the request button.