Attention. AdBlocker can block Google Tag Manger as well as Google Analytics. So use it with care.
Google Tag Manager will allow you to add Tiledesk to your website, without the need to edit your website’s source code.
Do that with just a few mouse-clicks!
If you are already using GTM, go to the installation part. But if you are new to GTM, follow the steps below to create a new account and your first container.
Creating a Google Tag Manager account and container
Follow the steps below to create the account:
1. Sign in to your Google account.
2. Go to the Google Tag Manager page and click Create Account.
3. Choose a name for your account and click Continue.
4. Next, you need to setup a container. The container holds all your tags, such as Google Analytics tag, Adwords tag and Tiledesk tag. Name the container, select for Web option and click Create.
5. Accept Terms and conditions and continue.
6. You will get a container with a code snippet. Copy the code and paste it into every page of your site or in your template page (ex:index.php) just below the opening tag.
Click OK to close the code snippet box and finish setting up GTM manager and your first container.
Installing LiveChat using Google Tag Manager
1. From your Google Tag Manager panel, click on New Tag.
2. From the new window, click on Tag Configuration.
3. Choose Custom HTML Tag option.
4. Paste Tiledesk tracking code from Widget Menu of Tiledesk Dashboard inside the HTML container. Click on the Continue button to proceed.
5. After adding Tiledesk code, click on Triggering button available underneath
6. Add a rule that will fire the tag on All Pages.
7. Click on the Save button in order to add your new Tag.
8. You will be asked to Rename your Tag – for example, you can use the name of your website. After renaming it, click on Save button.
9. To finalize adding Tiledesk to your site, you need to publish your container. Click on Publish button in the top right section of the screen to proceed.
Congratulations! You’ve added LiveChat using Google Tag Manager.
To get a better idea of what Tiledesk can do for your business please contact us.