Customizing the appearance of the widget
You can modify some or all of the following widget elements to match the look and feel of your company’s website.
The following elements can be modified via the Tiledesk console, under the Settings > Widget > Widget Appearance tab. Click the links to view details for modifying each element:
Changes that you can make in the ‘widget settings’ are based on your preferences on how you want the chat widget to be presented on your website.
What can I change in the Widget Settings?
In the ‘Widget Settings‘ section, you can find and edit the following information:
- Colors – allows you to change the colors of your chat’s widget
- Logo – the logo will be displayed in the upper side of the widget
- Welcome message – a message shown when a customer open the widget
- Team intro – the team message introduces your team and let your customers know how you can help them
- Alignment – an option to choose where the widget will be displayed; on the left or right side
While editing the ‘Widget Appearance‘ section – you can see how the chat button will look like on your site. A chat preview will be available on the right side so that you can see the changes in real-time.
Attention: You can write the welcome message and the team intros in multiple languages. See the section below for how to add additional languages.
Set your default language
Just choose the default language you’d like to display the Widget interface in. You’ll have many languages to choose from, including French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and German.
Add other languages
You can also add other languages to the widget. For example, if your default language is English, you can allow the Widget to appear in French to your French users, in German to your Germans users and so on based on the browser visitor language.